BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Worlds 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2010 at 10:14am
Hadden wrote "Any update on the road surface for the cycle track and Crit circuir ?"

Those of us with suspension are hoping they've made it a bit bumpier! Wink
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
KeithD View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2010 at 10:59am
Unfortunately for those with suspension, over the winter the temperature didn't go below zero for long enough to cause any damage to the roads in the Town centre. The 90 degree left-hand bend has had the surface replaced, and is now extra grippy. I haven't done an assessment of the track, but the first race of the season is being held there tomorrow. I'll find out from the riders taking part what the surface is like under race conditions.

Hadden View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hadden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2010 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by GeoffBird GeoffBird wrote:

Hadden wrote "Any update on the road surface for the cycle track and Crit circuir ?"

Those of us with suspension are hoping they've made it a bit bumpier! Wink
                                                                                                                                                I didn't design my bike with  the Paris Roubaix, going over tree roots or speed humps in mind. Well perhaps next year will be easier.  Also a bit concerned with racing on open roads in fully-faired if there is a cross wind with traffic coming the other way.
Simon Sanderson.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2010 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Hadden Hadden wrote:

Also a bit concerned with racing on open roads in fully-faired if there is a cross wind with traffic coming the other way.

I share Hadden's concerns!!

I didn't realise that all of the roads weren't closed for these races??

Are the insurers ok with HPVs racing on open roads??

Alan

BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2010 at 7:43pm
Keith

A bit cheeky to ask seeing as you've had the small matter of a championship to organise but - Any discounts on either ferries or travel insurance this year?

Barney
KeithD View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2010 at 10:36pm
Hadden - if there are fully faired vehicles as difficult to control as that (i.e. getting blown across a lane's width of tarmac) would they be safe enough to take part in BHPC races??? It should be noted that there is no requirement to ride a fully faired vehicle in all of the races (or any of them for that matter).

Alan - insurers have no problem with HPVs on open roads (I can PM you with details if you want). They do things differently in these parts!

Barney - more info to be posted in the coming week on travel and accommodation discounts.

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by McDee McDee wrote:

Alan - insurers have no problem with HPVs on open roads (I can PM you with details if you want). They do things differently in these parts!

Thanks Keith - That might be useful. I've got a much better quote this year and we are about to renew our insurance, but it never hurts to have additional quotes...

BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 9:22am
Originally posted by McDee McDee wrote:

Barney - more info to be posted in the coming week on travel and accommodation discounts.

Thanks Keith - you're a real star!
Yowie View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 9:26pm
Ferries are running much the same timetable as last year.  I am aiming to be on the following Condor Ferries:-
Friday:
dep Poole 1340 arr Jersey 1655
Monday:
dep 1035 arr Poole 1510

I will be delighted to travel in anyone's company Smile

I just looked at the Schedule Keith/Sherri, it looks perfect.  I'm all a-flutter with the thought of it!  Not over-keen on drag races unless I'm on a trike.  What are the rules regarding machine changes?
e.g. Part faired bike for some events, but Unfaired trike for a drag event.
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2010 at 9:37pm
I was looking at ferries a few days ago and was going to ask but forgot until now.
Any idea what time the hill climb will be? I notice there is a ferry which arrives at 16.55 but will that give enough time to set up camp, offload luggage etc?
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic