BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Tail Box Fairing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tail Box Fairing
    Posted: 24 June 2011 at 9:27pm
I have just received my tail box ordered from Novosport, Germany about 3 months ago. Very keen to install it after so much waiting. Unfortunately it does not work on my trike. While it fit perfectly with my seat, due to wheel arch position the tail box seats 15cm away from the seat.
I am very upset, as I did not find any other fairing tail boxes on the net.
So I will be sending the tail box back or selling on the ebay, unless somebody from the club is interested. I did ordered the tail box with two hatches, one with head shaped hatch and a flat one.  So, please let me know if anybody is interested,  before I send it away! I will sell it with the same price I pay for it.    
John Lucian
Twed View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 6:51pm
Hi John, Is that a Low rider box?
See my PM
Never believe an atom they make up everything.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by johnlucian johnlucian wrote:

I have just received my tail box ordered from Novosport, Germany about 3 months ago. Very keen to install it after so much waiting. Unfortunately it does not work on my trike. While it fit perfectly with my seat, due to wheel arch position the tail box seats 15cm away from the seat.
I am very upset, as I did not find any other fairing tail boxes on the net.
So I will be sending the tail box back or selling on the ebay, unless somebody from the club is interested. I did ordered the tail box with two hatches, one with head shaped hatch and a flat one.  So, please let me know if anybody is interested,  before I send it away! I will sell it with the same price I pay for it.    

Hi John. I have the same problem now as I want to move my seat to a lower position but I need to mount it in the position you have it in your photo to do that, however I feel it will still work in that position as the airflow will just reattach to it to fill in what would otherwise be a low pressure area. Also very useful for carrying the shopping, tools, clothing etc. What did you do in the end?

There is a photo on my Strava profile of the current position the tailbox is in on  http://www.strava.com/athletes/22976249 It's titled "New Position" but isn't it's the currant one.

All the best.
Roy

< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 22 May 2022 at 10:00pm
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 3:22pm
So John

is it still for sale ?

Which model is it ?

What is it made from ?

How much are you asking for ?

paul
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 4:26pm
He sold it to me in the end, as I have a bike (Optima Baron) it's designed to fit properly:

The seat position is a bit of a compromise, as the box is level (and presumably the most aero) with the seat somewhere near the middle of its range of adjustment.  This is higher than I was using for racing before I fitted the box, but similar to the position I found worked well for road riding (better neck angle and view of the road surface).  Rolling down a known hill proves there's an aerodynamic benefit, but it hasn't made a much difference in racing on the more cornery tracks.  It doesn't seem to make me any slower, though, and it certainly looks the part.
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 5:15pm
I have the same tailbox on my ICE Sprint 26 and even in the slightly compromised position (I managed to mount it with a bit of packing in a similar position) I now have it to suit the seat, the trike is 4kph faster on a known downhill where I pedal out than without it. I don't race the Sprint 26 of course, it's just my shopping/winter transport.

All the best.
Roy

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9PNkpNB5t5hZZNZujf0xaSdsDxvA?e=CIezIQ

< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;"> < id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 30 May 2022 at 5:24pm
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Kim Kim wrote:

He sold it to me in the end, as I have a bike (Optima Baron) it's designed to fit properly:

The seat position is a bit of a compromise, as the box is level (and presumably the most aero) with the seat somewhere near the middle of its range of adjustment.  This is higher than I was using for racing before I fitted the box, but similar to the position I found worked well for road riding (better neck angle and view of the road surface).  Rolling down a known hill proves there's an aerodynamic benefit, but it hasn't made a much difference in racing on the more cornery tracks.  It doesn't seem to make me any slower, though, and it certainly looks the part.
Hi Kim
How do you embed photos in your post? I keep trying and keep failing!!! The only thing I've been able to do is reduce them down to a tiny blurry size and upload them to the clubs server.

All the best.
Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 30 May 2022 at 6:26pm
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 7:13pm
Erm, I just pasted the URL for the image into the 'Image URL' field of the image properties window.  Taking care to remove the automagicaly-prepended "http://" so I don't end up with something like "http://https://example.com/image.jpg".
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Kim Kim wrote:

Erm, I just pasted the URL for the image into the 'Image URL' field of the image properties window.  Taking care to remove the automagicaly-prepended "http://" so I don't end up with something like "http://https://example.com/image.jpg".

Maybe it's something to do with the one drive as it gives a link like in my previous post which does not end with .jpeg? when I try and share it. 

All the best.
Roy
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 7:56pm
C:\Users\Roy MacDonald\OneDrive\Documents\BHPC\M9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic