BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Anna Jenkins Memorial Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anna Jenkins Memorial Ride
    Posted: 25 July 2011 at 9:32pm

For those of you that knew Anna, you might know already that Anna used to run a bike company.  That company, Bike 1, used to organise a number of rides.  Those rides are in a book that was published as well.    It is the Hampshire ride from the book that I am proposing to do as the memorial ride

When:  Sunday 21st August

Where: Start Fleet Station

How far:  3 Rides 17, 22, and 55 Miles

What Time: You can do it at any time though I am suggesting 9:30 start for the 55 Mile route, 11:00 for the 22 Mile. And 11:30 for the 17 Mile route. The route details can be supplied beforehand – so you can start when you like.

The plan is to meet at the Waterwitch in Odiham for a more social get-together. For those that don’t want to do the cycling then meet us at the Waterwitch.

PM me if you want to attend

Kevin

Kevin Jenkins

Windcheetah
KevinJ View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2011 at 7:16pm
Kevin Jenkins

Windcheetah
Neil F View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 12:48pm
Kevin,
I'll be there either for the 55 or the 22 mile ride, depending if I have little persons on tow!

See you on Sunday.

Neil
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 6:04pm
Many thanks to Kevin for organising a fantastic day! Thumbs Up

KevinJ View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevinJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:24pm
Quite an impressive BHPC turnout for a social ride!  I think most people enjoyed it - many thanks for the people on the 22 mile ride for taking the time to stay with the slower riders (Howard and Heather).  The  long ride seemed to go well - Thanks for Iain for leading that one (I wimped out - too long for me!).  Great to see you all there and hope you enjoyed it.

The good point of the day is I think we have encouraged a few people to go cycling more regularly - always a plus (even if it is not on recumbents!).
Kevin Jenkins

Windcheetah
Yowie View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 8:42pm
Well worth it, and I believe everyone had a splendid time.  Even the drag up and down the A327 was enjoyable, in parts.

73 miles on the odo, so I'm glad I had the railways to excuse me from the long ride!

Thank you Kevin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic