BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Up for a ride?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 12:43pm
We have another ride coming up on the 25th. It will be hosted by Alan Goodman starting at 0900. It's starting in Hemel Hempstead so those of you down South that can't make it to our rides in Suffolk here's your chance. I unfortunately can't make it but you will be in good hands. According to Alan the route is a little bumpy but there's beautiful scenery along the way. Alan has inform me he is able to adjust the route if hills will be an issue. There is plently of free parking at the meeting point, along with shops/pubs in case anyone needs to grab a snack for the road. If you need to contact Alan let me know.
So 0900 on the 25th and here's the route.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3490585
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2015 at 4:09pm
Many thanks Will!
I'll be at Hillingdon on Sunday of course if anybody wants any more info. 

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 4:50pm
Getting in a metric century with Dave this weekend on a ride to Denver. The vitals are below if anyones interested.
Meeting point: Isleham, Ely, Cambridgeshire CB7 5RY
Sunday 1st of Nov at 0900
Route planned
http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/ ... r-or-bust/

Edited by cookie32 - 30 October 2015 at 8:50pm
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 5:40pm
Will, can you put the link up again, it's throwing up a 404 error.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 5:45pm
Stolen from Facebook...

I don't think I'm going to get to this one but I can recommend Will's rides... Great fun and some lovely cycling roads up there!

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2015 at 5:08am
I suspect it will be just Dave and I with the short notice but I figured I'd post it anyway because you can't come if you don't know.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2015 at 7:49am
Thumbs Up

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 11:25pm

Finally finished Sundays video and write up. Been one of those weeks.

Met up with Dave for what was suppose to be 60 miles. It turned into 72 for me and 81 for him. We set out with the sun on our faces, but that soon changed as we hit the Fens which the fog had thoroughly blanketed. We reached the Denver Complex in good time. I wish the video was better but it was just too foggy. We stopped for tea and cake at Denver Golf course where we met a nice DF rider who said he lived ...

in Sedge Fen. We followed him toward what we thought was Sedge Fen which took us off our planned route but with the promise of seeing some new roads we hadn't used before. There must of been a misunderstanding because we were headed toward Swaffham not Sedge Fen. After a fair bit of unplanned climbing we had added 12 miles to my trip and 21 to David's. Talk about being taken for a ride. Lesson learned, hope you in enjoy the video anyway.

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 8:23pm
pictures from 2015's rides

Warekiwi View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warekiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 2:10pm
Let me know if you are planning any rides in 2016- particularly in the area to the north and east of Ware (where I live by the weir !) I do a lot of riding around this part of the UK along with occasional rides around parts of Europe. 
QuattroVelo #13 (2016)now eQV!
Snoek#18 Too tight!
Brompton P6- for shoppping!
Vitus Escarpe eMTB for off-road fun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic