BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Up for a ride?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 12:43pm
Looks like Dave and I are off for a long one on Sunday, as always it's and open invitation. There isn't much climbing besides the odd foothill here and there otherwise just lot of open road. Hope to see you there. All the details are listed below.

Meeting on Sunday the 10th of July @0845ish
Isleham recreation center, which has plenty of free parking
32 Mill St, Isleham, Ely CB7 5RY

map link here: https://www.bikemap.net/en/route/363797 ... r-complex/
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 12:59pm
I would have loved to Will, but I'm doing the Pedal Car Grand Prix at Ringwood... Hopefully next time!

Have a good one. Thumbs Up

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 8:45pm
First let me start by saying thanks to our guest rider Alan for driving in from Luton to join Dave and I. I'm always pleasantly surprised to see a new face and this was no exception.
I should have known I was in for trouble as I left the house with only my rear brake working at 40%. I left it to get to the meeting point on time, which was soon fixed with the assistance of Alan before we set off. The weather wasn't half bad except for bit of wind which is to be expected on the Fen. I didn't make the full 60 miles thanks to the spokes on my rear wheel popping like they were in a bag in the microwave 20 miles in. My own fault, when I built the wheel up I should have put in new ones instead of being cheap and using spokes over 16 years old. According to Dave it was a lucky escape from the headwind He and Alan faced the 30 miles back around to the start. 
Well, this is just the start a nice set of rides before the cold is upon us again. Hope you enjoy the video, and remember it's just of the first 20 miles. Thanks for watching.http://youtu.be/3nBp86HlXYQ
Alan Timberlake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Timberlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2016 at 11:00pm
Thanks for the ride Will.  I am glad to hear that you got home ok and that you have sorted out your wheel.

I have also put a video up of the ride ( not as well edited as yours ), https://youtu.be/RMsXwxo6edI

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2016 at 6:33am
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2016 at 12:29pm
Nice video, it's good to see things from someone else's perspective.
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 6:59am
Hello All,
I know it's been a minute but I'm still alive and kicking. Looking for a show of hand for a ride on the 15th of Jan. Who's interested and does anyone have any request regarding location? If there are at least 3 or 4 interest the ride will be a hard go barring ice roads of heavy rain.

Got out last weekend but it was a Usual Suspects. Herespecially what you missed.
https://youtu.be/g57zXsgqtqs
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 9:18am
Thanks Will!
I'd like to get along to this depending on weather and transport (the old van has now gone to the great scrapyard in the sky...)

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 6:44pm
James and I are up for it.

Alan Timberlake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alan Timberlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 11:16pm
I will be up for it as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic