BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Up for a ride?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2016 at 3:46pm
Ok guys, there looks to be over 5 including the other forums. A stop at the Udder Room has been requested, I'm going to start planning a route for a 30ish mile ride.I'll have a rough draft in a day or two.

Thanks for the interest guys, Will
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 5:37am
Here we go again. Looks to be a fairly decent turn out as well, which I have to say I'm a bit surprised about for a January. Looks like 3 to 5 may be joining from the BHPC forum and another four from CTC as it stands. 

Details
Time: Jan 15th 1000 show, which should give those driving in time and those riding in more than 15 miles daylight to work with.
          I'm happy to do 0900 but if everyone want to set off after a hot drink the Udder room opens at 1000. What everyones preference?
Location: Starting at the much loved Udder room. The Udder Room, Forelock and Load, Church Road, Barrow, Bury St Edmunds, IP29 5AX
Routing: Map is courtesy of Hoarder, thank you Sir. https://goo.gl/maps/mdx7FCPRBMm

I can't see the weather as of yet but like I said before barring icy roads or heavy rains the ride will proceed but we can make that call closer to the day. As always if there are any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Happy Holidays all, 
Will
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 5:50am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Thanks Will!
I'd like to get along to this depending on weather and transport (the old van has now gone to the great scrapyard in the sky...)

Sorry to hear about the van, I was curious what kind of rates for scrap they offer at the scrapyard in the sky, lol
Seriously, hope you can make it out for the ride and Happy Holidays.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2016 at 11:29am
Thanks Will!
Still just have the wife's car at the moment and not sure if it will be available - Hoping to come along if I can though.

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 4:37pm
It was brung to my attention the route is only 17.5 miles. Here's the revised route which comes out to 26ish miles.
https://goo.gl/maps/xFMhxDu9tor

Edited by cookie32 - 29 December 2016 at 4:38pm
Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2016 at 1:12pm
Is that all on road? Seems to have at least some bridleway from the map, not sure the M5 would handle that?  I'm probably an hour and a half or so from the Udder Rooms, not sure what I'm doing on the 15th yet though.
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2016 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Elydave Elydave wrote:

Is that all on road? Seems to have at least some bridleway from the map, not sure the M5 would handle that?  I'm probably an hour and a half or so from the Udder Rooms, not sure what I'm doing on the 15th yet though.

It's all paved, some of it looks like bridleway but it just old single track farm road sharing bridleway markings. I'm sure we'll happen upon at least one horse, we did last time we used it. Hope you can make it.
Alan Timberlake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alan Timberlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2016 at 11:32pm
Alan, if you cannot get transport, I am reasonably close to you if you are not thinking of bringing a too larger bike.

I will probably bring my Adventure which will be folded up.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2017 at 9:11pm
Many thanks Alan - it looks like I should have access to the wife's car all being well!

Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 2:27pm
Are we still talking 10am at the Udder Rooms?

If it's decent weather I'll be there as the other half is out on a jolly in London on Saturday, my free pass.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic