BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Up for a ride?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 4:45pm
Hi All,
Sadly I'm not going to make it this weekend - My Mum has been unwell since Christmas and is now in hospital and struggling a bit. Hope to see you all on the next one!

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Hi All,
Sadly I'm not going to make it this weekend - My Mum has been unwell since Christmas and is now in hospital and struggling a bit. Hope to see you all on the next one!

Sorry to hear that, hope your Mom gets better soon. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Catch you at Hillingdon.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 9:49pm
Many thanks!

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2017 at 2:30pm
Looking rough tomorrow, but I'll be in Barrow shortly before 10. I intended to ride as long as the roads aren't icy.

Will, out.
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:36pm
Will.

thanks for organising the ride yesterday.
James & I enjoyed and was good to meet you & John (and also to ride alongside Brian rather than to be racing him for a change).

Look forward to seeing you at Hillingdon in April (where the weather will hopefully be substantially less "British" than it was yesterday.
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 7:25am
Chris,

Thank you and your son very much for coming out on a day when it would've been very easy to give it a pass for several reasons. Sorry for holding you up but fitness, temps and the inclines were a trifecta for disaster it seems.
Enjoyed it anyway, and the video will be getting finished this evening I hope you enjoy. Hope to see you again on a nicer day with flatter terrain.

Will

Edited by cookie32 - 17 January 2017 at 7:27am
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 7:38pm
Let me start by thanking ChrisH , James, Jon and Brian for showing and then sticking it out for a ride. When I say the conditions weren't friendly I'm being nice. It never got above 39F and the rain never stop. It was so bad, when we stopped to patch a leak we checked the tube in a puddle and it was covered in ice. Good luck finding a bubble there lol.
If your wondering why I'm behind in every scene its because I was struggling. Between being out of shape the weather, and the climb I stayed cramping in one muscle group or another. The guys were very patient as there was a lot of waiting on me especially after every climb. 
As always I'm quite a lucky guy to have such a nice bunch of guys to ride along with in even the worst weather. Special thanks to Chris and James for driving down from Norwich. Oh and never make plans with other like minded crazy people they'll make you go through with it, lol.
The video is a short and sweet version, a longer version with will be sorted in a few days. I'll make it public on Youtube but I won't be posting the link on any of the forum. I will add the link to these comments when  it done.

https://youtu.be/qFjbulm1OsU

for all those that didn't make it, smart move.

Edited by cookie32 - 19 January 2017 at 7:39pm
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 5:47pm
Thanks very much to Will and Jon for organising. Those were errrr challenging conditions. No one held anyone up. Some time after 9:00pm I managed to tap my fingers and actually feel them again. I'll bring the Huskie next time!

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 24 January 2017 at 5:48pm
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 4:16pm
We are off on a bike ride 30-Jul-17 at 11:00am, meet outside Royal Oak pub in Barrington CB22 7RZ. We are planning to go to Saffron Walden (a scenic and gentle ride and suitable for electric bikes or velos). They have a nice cycling cafe there.
In the evening at 5:00pm We plan to watch the LEL (London-Edinburgh) riders go by (Royal Oak pub in Barrington CB22 7RZ). We have 4 people from the BHPC club doing this gruelling ride.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 25 July 2017 at 4:33pm
Warekiwi View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warekiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 5:36pm
I "might" join you either at Saffron Walden or CB22 7RZ depending on the weather and completion of some urgent maintenance on my Quattrovelo. I am actually providing (pre-LEL) accomodation for a Dutch LEL rider- probably the first to attempt LEL in a four-wheel velomobile. His machine(QV) is red and black and mine is yellow and blue so even if I don't make it be sure to give him a wave! He's done it before in a Strada so reckons the QV will be faster! I'm off on a 2000+ mile trip around France a week later- admittedly at a  less masochistic daily  mileage.

Edited by Warekiwi - 25 July 2017 at 5:37pm
QuattroVelo #13 (2016)now eQV!
Snoek#18 Too tight!
Brompton P6- for shoppping!
Vitus Escarpe eMTB for off-road fun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic