BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

bicycle traveler feb 16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bicycle traveler feb 16
    Posted: 23 February 2016 at 8:39am
hi folks here is the latest edition of the above plus one edition of bike touring basics all in pdf format
cheers.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Karl View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 11:21am
Just had flick through the attached... does anyone else get that feel just to sell everything and go off round the world?

Ahh well back to work... today I will mainly be drinking tea and bonding frames together in my velvet rut, I do have the best job in the world :-)

Cheers Jeff for the bed time reading.
K
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 2:24pm
What's a velvet rut?!?!?  Is that a typo, or is that some peculiar Darwen dialect that's not made it south of Turton yet? :)
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 10:15pm
Jeff

Brilliant photos in those magazines.

Thanks

Brian.
Karl View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2016 at 9:28am
A Velvet rut is a term used to describe ones hardship that from another view point appears to be quite pleasant.

Eg, I moan about building bike when the vast majority would swap for their mundane existence in a heart beat... I know as I use to have 'that' office existence, trapped staring out the window dreaming of a different place.

I like most that read this forum, in the grand scheme of things haven't got much to moan or quibble about... now where did I put my Nespresso coffee down??

Russ don't even start on local dialects round here, can feel like a foreigner in your own country and thats rich coming from me considering my father is Dutch!

blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2016 at 9:14pm
you get coffee to drink at work you lucky bas***d all I had to drink was salty sweat off my brow when I worked down pit, ya don't know ya born some on yer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AcJSkUw6M

Edited by blogwat - 25 February 2016 at 9:20pm
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Karl View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2016 at 10:11pm
Oh the irony of the clip as I'm just moving workshops into an old cotton mill from the end of the industrial revolution... complete with Oop north history.

I'll be available to explain terms like 'snap' as in "whats f snap".... (Whats for lunch Russell?)

K

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic