BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

World Championships 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Championships 2017
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 8:05am
Message from  Heike Bunte:

Dear Alan,

As you know we will celebrate  the 200 anniversairy/birthday of the bike in 2017 in Mannheim. Here we will organize our WC from 9.-11 of June 2017 and we are looking forward to seeing you all!

All the best and if you come to NL for this year CV and WC please let me know. All the best Heike (chairwoman HPV Germany e.V.)

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2016 at 9:57am

Google translate gives:

The HPV and HPB World Cup is in 2017 in Mannheim!

The City of Mannheim had applied to host the world's largest bicycle conference "Velocity" in 2017 at ECF (European Cyclists' Federation) (see info Bull 179, p.8).  Background is the solemn occasion, that the invention of the bicycle by Karl Drais and his first trip celebrating just in 2017 200-year anniversary.  Now Mannheim has not indeed been awarded the contract to host the conference in 2017, but it is still celebrated (and velocity will take place in Arnhem / Nijmegen [NL])!

A large team of city administration Mannheim organizes and plans for some time a number of activities around the theme of "bicycle"!  And that means for the HPV: There will be a HPV and HPB World Cup 2017 in Mannheim.  Furthermore, a velomobile seminar is scheduled as part of the activities.  More information to follow ...

BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2016 at 8:24pm
It would be good to go to this Event in Mannheim 9-11th June 2017. The German government are giving this considerable financial support. Maybe it is worth organising now how we are going to get there as well as accommodation during the event and warm beer supplies.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 24 October 2016 at 8:51pm
speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2016 at 10:49am
Good plan to have a plan. I'm up for it.
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 7:54am
Originally posted by atlas_shrugged atlas_shrugged wrote:

It would be good to go to this Event in Mannheim 9-11th June 2017. The German government are giving this considerable financial support. Maybe it is worth organising now how we are going to get there as well as accommodation during the event and warm beer supplies.

Ride your bike/ velomobile with camping gear = sorted.

I've ridden to Mannheim, I even have some .gpx files of the route, most is flat apart from a lumpy area where you cut away from a big loop of the Rhine.
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 11:25am
Ian that is not a bad idea. Are you thinking of coming along - we could really do with your advice and expertise (at the championship).
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 8:45am
I doubt very much that I will be attending as a spectator, never mind as a competitor.

There may be the possibility of riding down with some of the Dutch/ Belgian contingent though.

That is what I did, I met Ymte and Daniel at Beyss factory with one of the Beyss brothers (memory failing me on first name) we rode down together.

Return trip was just with Ymte and Daniel, this was much faster than going and I have to admit that I started to flag a bit at the pace they were setting near the end of the ride to Straelen where we went our different ways; Daniel to bed with his bit o' stuff, Ymte to ride across the Netherlands home and me to find a campsite en-route to the port.

Edited by Yanto - 29 October 2016 at 8:58am
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 9:30pm
Looks like the website for the event is up and running with race info:

... and well done to our Jochen for being first out of the chocs to register - he must be keen.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 10 January 2017 at 9:51pm
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 10:08am
Tempted to turn out to watch and shout abuse encouragement.
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by legs_larry legs_larry wrote:

Tempted to turn out to watch and shout abuse encouragement.

Especially at the hill climb fools competitors giving everything they have and more ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic