BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Race Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Race Calendar
    Posted: 16 January 2017 at 7:18pm
Alas Curborough have had to cancel our BHPC race booking for Sun 24th Sept.Cry
We have been superseded by the Austin Martin Club who will be using the sprint circuit on that day.

But fear not, the BPCC Pedal Car Racing will still be there on Sat 23rd Sept (and I sure that any BHPC member who can strip the engine out of their Austin Martin, replace it with a chainset, and slip under the radar to get some Curborough track time on the 24th would be a strong candidate for the 2017 Home Builders award...). Wink

Instead we now have Stourport booked for Sun 1st Oct.Smile

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 8:56pm
At the last AGM we agreed to put Derby Velodrome into the race calendar as a 13th points-scoring event.

As yet we haven't got a date firmed up for Derby as securing a suitable timeslot is proving to be challenging.

Due to the high demand, about once every three months Derby Velodrome now circulate list vacant slots (to previous velodrome hirers) (e.g a list gets sent out in Feb for vacancies in March-May etc).

Once the timetable is released, they only take requests for slots via email and then allocate them on a first come first served basis. For the past two booking request rounds (sent out in Nov and Feb) I've put in requests but been beaten to the post. In the Feb round, my email request went in within 60 mins of the vacancy list being distributed and still didn't get it.

Unless we want a 7-9am slot on a weekday, the chances of getting one of the limited availability 3 hr weekend  slots (during the day) will be slim.

But I will keep trying. In the meantime, I will take a punt at securing a slot in one of the other indoor velodromes, subject to their availability/affordability/amenability

Watch this space
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 9:02pm
I've got the laptop, Andrews got the TimeLord race-tag kit.

Does anyone know who has the rest of the race kit (flags, bells etc) stashed in their garage?

Thanks

CHris

HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 11:07am
We have the stop watches. I think Slash has the rest of the kit.
Heather
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 2:44pm
Are we going to use the stopwatches this season or have we now reached a point where we are able to rely on electrickery and wizardiness??

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 6:20pm
Did Andrew not make the point he wanted a camera to act as a backup? This sounds like a good plan to me. Not that I have a bitter experience with 'puters or anything.

Possibly related or not. Does anyone know anything about video recognition of QR bar codes flying by? This would be an area of expertise of DHL or Parcel Force. Second question is does anyone have experience of using RF tags for Geofencing of bikes. Cambridge has a new wonderous multistory bike park and there is a perfect market for stopping the light fingered gentlemen.

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 6:41pm
Didn't somebody (Neil Hood maybe?) offer to donate a video camera?
It may well be in the AGM minutes...

tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 6:21pm
I thought we could only use the electrickery where there was a power supply for the laptop. That means we will still need to use stopwatches for Redbridge, unless someone has a very long extension lead!

Could we bring to stopwatches along anyway so that people (OK Ludites like me) can still use them if we bring a timimg person along, and my mate feels redundant if he doesn't have something to do. As he is a qualified first aider I am trying to encourage him along as much as possible this year.

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 6:29pm
Absolutely correct. If there is no power at a track and they don't have a generator we are stuck with stop watches. If anyone has a generator they are willing to bring along to such tracks, then that would be useful.
We should definitely take the stop watches to as many events as we can just in case!

Note: we could use the timing system at Redbridge if we use the top track and the hill!!

tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:08pm
Thanks Heather,

I'm all for using the hill at Redbridge, paradoxically its a great leveller!

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic