BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

World Championships 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Hi Roy - Fair comment.
Hopefully Marc (he's looking after the web site) will see this but I'll copy it to the WC2018 organisers bit of the forum as well... There is no charge for spectators unless they want to camp.

Thanks Alan.

Roy
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 5:18pm
We do now!

Added to slider, intro copy and cost table.

Edited by lohezm - 09 February 2018 at 5:18pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 5:19pm
Thumbs Up

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 1:13pm
Mike Burrows turns 75 in 2018 so to mark the event we are trying to gather together as many Burrows-designed machines as possible at the World Championships in Betteshanger. If you have a Burrows bike and can bring it to Betteshanger in July then we would like to hear from you in one of the following ways:
  • Register your bike in the Facebook 'poll' on the WC2018 Events page (look for Bring your Burrows to Betteshanger)
  • Post a message here saying who you are and what you've got
  • Send an email to wc2018@bhpc.org.uk
This is a free event: you don't need to register to race at WC2018 to take part, although you will need to book camping if you want to stay on site at Betteshanger (£10.50 per pitch per night).

A lists of who's coming will be posted regularly here and on Facebook.

Please help to make this a memorable event for both Mike and his bikes!
jdp298 View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdp298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2018 at 9:35pm
Related to the above, has anyone invited Chris Boardman and the gold-medal winning bike from 1992?
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2018 at 10:44am

One of those bikes may well make it there - I think Mr Boardman is less likely though....

HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 6:12pm
For those who don't want to use the BHPC online shop and PayPal to register for the WC2018, you can now do so by filling in a paper form and sending it by email or post to the treasurer.

You can request a form by sending me a PM with your details and I will send one to you via email or post. Forms will also be available at all BHPC races from 8th April (Hillingdon) until 24th June (York). Payment may be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash (at races).

See the website for all details. http://wc2018.bhpc.org.uk/

Race registration for adults is £50 until 11th May, then, if spaces remain, £60 until 15th June and £70 until 10th July (but full goodie bags cannot be guaranteed for those who register late i.e. too near the date of the event!) Registration for juniors aged between 12 and 15 years on 13th July is £25 and doesn't change.

Camping is available to anyone attending the event whether racing or spectating. You can book camping pitches at £10.50 per night per pitch for tents, caravans or campervans. 

Thanks
Heather (treasurer)

Edited by HeatherF - 10 March 2018 at 8:24am
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 7:51am
Originally posted by HeatherF HeatherF wrote:

Race registration for adults is £50 until 11th May, then, if spaces remain, £60 until 15th June and £70 until 10th July (but full goodie bags cannot be guaranteed for those who register late!) 

Thanks
Heather (treasurer)

When did the price increase and time deadline come into this? I don't remember seeing this before, and also i think the wording is wrong, nobody can register "late", as that would be after the final cut off date and therefore impossible.
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 8:15am
Yes, it's always been there to encourage early registration. it helps us with the planning/organisation of the event.
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 8:50am
Thanks Chris, you beat me to it as I was going to say answered on FB Thumbs Up

Still shouldn't say "late" though Evil Smile Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic