BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Brilliant solo rides

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brilliant solo rides
    Posted: 24 March 2020 at 1:49pm
In these times when we need to solo ride (unless we go with household riders) it may be good to document brilliant places to ride.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 1:56pm
I did a loop of 37 miles to a barn at:

Gibralter Farm, RAF Tempsford (just north of Sandy)

This was the point where SOE Agents were flown to Europe during WW2. Inside the barn are very moving stories and memorials to all the agents and airmen who were based here. The barn was the agent reception and pre-flight preparation centre for these agents.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 24 March 2020 at 2:22pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 3:47pm
The roads are so quiet out there!!
I just did a little 11 mile loop around the local area but I will be taking advantage over the coming days - We have Dunstable Downs, Ivinghoe Beacon, Ashridge all within easy reach here...

tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2020 at 7:39pm
That's got to be better than a video of you singing with your ukulele! Yes I am your subscriber Big smile.

Not really a BHPC thing but I have been out mountain biking in the Ridgeway most days, a few dog walkers near the car parks but otherwise fairly deserted for me to play on my bike.

Stay safe everyone.

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by tincanracer tincanracer wrote:

That's got to be better than a video of you singing with your ukulele! Yes I am your subscriber Big smile.

Big smileBig smileBig smile

The singing was definitely dodgy... joining in with a Facebook thingy to take minds away from the current woes. Simon Cowell is unlikely to be on the phone any time soon. Tongue

This is the quietest you'll ever see the Leighton Buzzard Road!! Better even that when England were playing in the World Cup... Much easier and safer than usual to cycle at the moment and it's a great way to get out of the house and get some exercise (avoiding contact with other people of course)... https://youtu.be/PK_2dyIiUeU

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 5:34pm
I thought you'd gone into that roundabout too fast at the end there Alan :)

Just be aware that what traffic there is, is moving much faster than usual, at least around Manchester.

Stay safe everyone.

Russ
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 5:49pm
Visibility is good (probably better than it looks on the video) and it’s uphill into the roundabout so you can stop very quickly if anything is coming. My reactions are still ok for an oldie. :D

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 6:23pm
I wasn’t criticising the speed, I thought you’d overcooked it and were going to splat into the opposite kerb :)
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 6:29pm
Oh no - I got skilz innit… Big smile

Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2020 at 10:13am
Yeah, it's like less cars but all of them seem to think the speed limits are also suspended
Ross Low Racer 77 and coming soon Radicality 0.9!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic