BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

crank adapters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
homebrew View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote homebrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crank adapters
    Posted: 10 June 2020 at 8:56am
finally got round to fitting my crank adapters ,now need to make another pair.

oke-ja x2

helium frog
kestrel
and counting

homebrew View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homebrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 12:23pm
thanks mate,started making some adapters this morning .
JB
oke-ja x2

helium frog
kestrel
and counting

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 12:14pm
Mike Burrows has shortened cranks for me and done a very nice job... He is still in business of course...

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2020 at 10:07pm
Kim, you've solved the puzzle of what I saw last Sunday. I could not figure out what kind of cranks the guy had on his bike but they were extremely short. Soon as I saw the Highpath crank shorteners I recognised what I had seen.Thanks Clap
All the best.
Roy 
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 11:42pm
I'll put in a word for http://highpath.co.uk/ for that sort of thing.  I've had several cranks shortened to weird lengths to match my wonky legs, and been impressed by the quality of the work.  Not used the shorteners, though.

A friend has been using one of these so he can ride his e-bike while awaiting knee surgery: https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/componentstandem-specific-parts/thorn-crank-shorteners/ I see SJS also have a couple of other options.

homebrew View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homebrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2020 at 8:21pm
evening folks,thinking of playing with crank lengths to see if I can ease my knee pain are crank adapters worth trying and where might I get some,alternatively what thread are pedal spindles so I can machine my own.
cheers JB
oke-ja x2

helium frog
kestrel
and counting

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic