BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2020 Round 2: Darley Moor, Monday 31st August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2020 Round 2: Darley Moor, Monday 31st August
    Posted: 05 August 2020 at 10:30am
This is the place for discussion of Round 2 of the 2020 BHPC Championship at Darley Moor on Monday 31st August.

Sign-on is by advance registration online only. There will be no sign-on on the day because of COVID-19 restrictions.

Please see the special COVID-19 rules which will apply to racing for the rest of this season.
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2020 at 7:32pm
IMPORTANT: For those of you who have registered and paid for racing at Darley Moor this weekend, please check you emails for an update on race formats, times, rules and general organisational stuff you need to be aware of before getting there.
If you dont appear to have received this email, please check your junk/spam email folders (it will have come from compsec@bhpc.org.uk)

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2020 at 7:59pm
And if you're a new racer, you should have received an email from me with your race number by now.

Timing tags for existing racers who have requested new ones will be ready for collection at the registration desk, along with those for new riders.
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2020 at 6:12pm
I will taking numerous tyres from my collection, most are used and Schwalbe, and most are FREE, PM me to reserve them. I will be at DM mid morning Sunday until about 10am Monday.

2 Ultremo ZX 406 – 23: reserved

2 Nutrak 406x28 – used once (Clinchers)

One Kojak 406x35 (Clincher)

2 Durano 406x28 (Folding)

3 “one” 406x28 (Folding)

4 Durano 406x28 (Clinchers)

1 “One” 559x28 (Folder)

3 Durano 559x28 (Clinchers)

1 Kojak 559x28 (Clincher)

1 Continental Gatorskin 559x28 (Clincher)

1 Pro One 406x28 (1240km use) £5.00

1 Pro One 559x28 (Folder and 1240 km) £5.00

2 Silento 559x47 touring/commuting with tread never used £10 for pair (Clinchers)

2 Vittoria Corsa G4+ 700x28, reportedly one of the fastest 700 tyres available, new never used cost £70, £30 the pair (Folders)

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 9:24pm
And the results from the electronic timing system for this event are now up at http://www.bhpc.org.uk/Data/Sites/1/media/events/events20/02darley_moor/index.html

(Apologies for the crudity of the index.html, I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it.)

And I've updated the 2020 championship tables at: http://www.bhpc.org.uk/Data/Sites/1/media/events/events20/BHPC_2020.html

Congratulations and thanks to all who helped make the weekend a success!

Edited by Kim - 31 August 2020 at 9:32pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2020 at 10:44pm
Thanks Kim!
What a brilliant weekend!!
Many thanks to all our organisers and helpers, and to everyone who took part in the races. Great atmosphere on the camp site and the track - That's the most fully faired machines I've seen in one place other than the World Championships. The social distancing seemed to go well and didn't get in the way of us having fun at all - I think we all did a good job of keeping at least 2 meters apart on the track - Easy for me of course as I couldn't keep up with most of you!! 😃

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2020 at 8:47am
Kim -
Reluctant though I am to admit it, I think I've been credited with laps I didn't do during my 'aargh cramp' stop at around 1:30:00. I stopped near the antennas for around 5 mins so probably got dozens of reads which were converted to a few minimum-length laps. I should have one normal-length lap, then one 5 mins or so longer than normal (during which I was passed once by John Lucian), then back to regular lap times.

I'll take a detailed look at the lap times later today when work permits.

AndrewS
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2020 at 12:26pm
I wondered about that.  Your lap times are 3:30-3:40ish, until lap 23 (which is around the time Heather noted you'd stopped at 1:25:00), where it's recorded 3 laps of over 4 minutes (which is interesting, because the minimum lap time's set to 2:30), before resuming 3:30-3:40 laps until the end of the race.

Suspect that you stopped with you helmet close enough to the aerial that impinj decided to ignore it as a stray tag while you were stopped, and there's only the one false read to remove.  I reckon your lap 23 should be 8:40ish, with a slightly slow lap 24 at 4:13 as you got back up to speed.

ETA: I've just gone through the whole list of stoppages again, and the others appear to have plausible times.  

Edited by Kim - 01 September 2020 at 1:04pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2020 at 1:21pm
Yes, that all sounds plausible for me - thanks for sorting it. I was very slow getting started again so 4:13 is perfectly reasonable. Annoyingly it's the first time for years I didn't have a Garmin to refer back to.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2020 at 2:15pm
Okay, I've propagated that change.  You've gone from 9th to 12th in Open.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic