BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Bike wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 4:43pm
I've just read through the postings. Heath Robinson Andy? I've reassured the old girl you don't know what you are saying and you owe her an apology. Probably Mr Ryan as well.
Bream no longer. I'll ride anything, slowly
dougie View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 8:55pm
Andy, I'm in the highlands of scotland, so I guess it's not really readable for you in the south.
Dougie
Philip S View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philip S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 9:51pm
Andy
My large Kingcycle is fairly standard format (you can google them) - above seat steering, original 7x3 gearing but changed to 26" rear (559) and 20" front (406).  Front suspension forks with mudguards and drum brakes front and rear.  It also has a custom-made rear rack, and comes with extra non-suspension forks and a head rest which I have never fitted.  I am 6' 4" and it fits me but I know you can adjust to fit shorter riders.  I am looking for £750 and I am based near Watford.  I have spent many happy years with it but have now purchased a Bacchetta.
Let me know if you are interested.
Best wishes
Philip
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:01pm
Sorry to hear you're parting with your KC Philip - I think I bumped in to you on it once at the bottom of Ivinghoe Beacon when I was on mine!! Hope to see you around the local roads on the Bacchetta! 

Andy G View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by dougie dougie wrote:

Andy, I'm in the highlands of scotland, so I guess it's not really readable for you in the south.

Hi Dougie

I think the Scottish Highlands might be a bridge too far considering I pulled a face at going to Norwich
Much appreciate the offer though.
These hills are steeper than they look.
Andy G View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:38pm
Thanks Philip. I’ll have a bit of a think on it. I’ve only brought the Fuego back today, and am new to 2-wheeled recumbents. I just need to have a bit of a scuzz about on it and try to get a feel for the form factor. Then I will probably have a slightly better idea of whether the KC is a good direction to go in.

Edited by Andy G - 10 October 2020 at 10:39pm
Andy G View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by speedy381 speedy381 wrote:

I've just read through the postings. Heath Robinson Andy? I've reassured the old girl you don't know what you are saying and you owe her an apology. Probably Mr Ryan as well.

In my best Father Jack voice, “I’m soooo, soooo sorry.....”     

Edit: Just realise you have it back on eBay, Ian. Sorry the previous winner titted you about.

Edited by Andy G - 10 October 2020 at 10:50pm
speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 8:49am
No problem Andy, recumbents are not a generic thing. Ride the Nazca a little before diving into an extra one, each bike has a very different feel and ideology.
Bream no longer. I'll ride anything, slowly
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 1:18pm
Yep!! Kingcycle is very different to the Fuego (had both). Fuego probably a little quicker on the flat/downhill but Kingcycle is a lot lighter and likely to be faster uphill and probably easier handling in traffic.

Andy G View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 2:35pm
Just need to give the Fuego a good going over now as it feels very “draggy”.   Neither wheel rotates freely if you give them a good spin by hand. The front wheel I attribute partly to the Son Hub Dynamo, but maybe the brakes are catching a little too. I need to check YouTube for how to adjust/service the brakes. They are definitely catching on the rear wheel, as I can see the one brake pad never comes away from the disk. The chain also feels like quite an effort to get moving. I think I may need to give the chain tubes a de-greasing.

From a riding point of view it feels a lot less twitchy than the SpeedMachine did. Once the bike is moving above about 6mph it feels quite solid. Can’t give it a proper outing though until I’ve lengthened the chain, as I had to extend the boom a good 3 inches, so can’t use the big front ring for a while. All in all though, it seems a great model. I can see why it’s so well regarded.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic