BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Adult Kick Scooters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adult Kick Scooters
    Posted: 13 December 2020 at 2:01pm
I'm an ex life long cyclist who can no longer enjoy cycling owing to loss of fitness, (owing to circumstances), but who has found renewed interest in getting out & about again after the purchase of an adult scooter.

There aren't many forums for adult scooting, one, LetsKickScoot, is extremely slow to use, & has few active members.

So I have just set one up in the hope of encouraging some more people to get interested & join in.
(If interesed, it can be found here - https://adultscooterforum.freeforums.net/ - Adultscooterforum )

As we use our feet to power our vehicles, I'm assuming that I can also post here too.......& maybe encourage others to try an adult scooter. Wink

(By adult scooter, I mean those with pneumatic tyres, 2 brakes, & wheels of 12" or bigger.)

Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 10:00am
Hi Keith,

We have recently added two folding kick scooters to our collection and are thoroughly enjoying it as an alternative to cycling. Surprised to find that it was such an enjoyable form of exercise and doesn't just work the legs. We're already benefiting from strengthened core muscles and will probably upgrade to larger wheeled versions when funds allow. Thanks for the link.

Colin
Ross Low Racer 77 and coming soon Radicality 0.9!
KeithM View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 11:52am
Hi Colin,
I too was quite surprised at how 'easy' it was, & soon found out about the fitness benefits, as good as running, without the risk to our joints.
Boots & Scoots
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 3:06pm
Hi Keith,

Yes, very low impact exercise and it seems deceptively easy at first or at least till all your muscles say, "Hello? Remember me?"

It's not a replacement for cycling, just an alternate choice. Oh and I've never had so many people smile and say "that looks fun" or "I should get one of them". Could this be a growing trend I wonder?
KeithM View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 7:04pm
I do hope more people find how enjoyable it is........& it's a lot less to maintain, compared to your regular bike. Wink
Boots & Scoots
andre View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2023 at 11:36pm
  I am about to try modify a kick scooter to make the deck longer and wider.  ,,and.Will post when done and tested (2 weeks ? deo volente..) 
    Also interested in a "wheeled kick sled " ..but that is for another time.
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2024 at 9:20am
What's the reason for the modification Andre? Making it longer is likely to make grounding more of an issue on uneven ground or were you making space for a second rider? ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic