BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Battle Mountain 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle Mountain 2012
    Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:36am
gNick View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:39pm
Doesn't look terribly likely so far, looks too big and no fairing as of yet. Wouldn't expect it to be ready for BM this year...
gNick

"I'm afraid it's definite, Mrs Banker - your son has bicycles"
tosgh View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tosgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:49pm
Head first! Maybe best not to re-run the video of the last Kingsburys' BATTLE MOUNTAIN attempt (Mango) which finally stopped travelling when hitting a parked van.
weight is everything
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:45am
Hi Folks
there is a short mention of obrey's attempt in I newspaper today.
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:27am
I would recommend obree looks at this: http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/great_ideas.htm
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Andhar View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:05am
I am meeting O'Bree at this Cyclefest event at a talk as I am a member of this Museum. Shall I give him a few pointers?

Wink
Andrew Harrington
SteveArmstrong View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveArmstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:22pm
Here are some more pics in the daily record. You can see the other side of the 2 stage transmission. The article mentions he's keeping the exact design secret in case opponents steal it. Does he have something innovative up his sleeve to bridge that 17mph gap to 100? Or is 100mph just a nice round media friendly number to aim for? Should be an interesting BM this year.

When you pull the cats tail, you get the whole cat.
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:27pm
I think the 100 mph thing was just plucked out of thin air.  I'm glad Obree's doing this and I'm looking forward to meeting him, but I can't help but think he's likely to come out of this somewhat badly.  Since my first visit to BM in 2002 the record has only gone out by about 2 mph and only two riders have gone over 80.
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
SteveArmstrong View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveArmstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:47pm
If he doesn't break the record, I only hope he continues to work on it rather than just leaving it at that.
When you pull the cats tail, you get the whole cat.
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:53pm
Wonder if he is keeping his design a secret because it's flawed, been tried before and does not want to be told he won't have a chance.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic