BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

London to Edinburgh and back to London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London to Edinburgh and back to London
    Posted: 20 July 2013 at 7:42pm
As a some of you know a few members of the BHPC are undertaking LEL, a 4 yearly cycle ride to Audax UK rules.  Some of you may have heard of Paris - Brest - Paris and how it is seen as a pinnacle of cycling achievement, well to put LEL into perspective it is longer and has more climbing.

LEL is 1420km long and has 11000m of ascent (in audax speak), in English land units it is 883 miles and 33,000 feet, all to be done is less than 116 hrs, which actually is a long time!

Anyway, many of you wished me luck for the start on Sunday the 28th July, which I gratefully accept, also Nick asked about progress tracking, of which there is a rudimentary on-line system based on when a rider reaches a control and is "clocked" in.  The system does not "clock" out of a control so when a rider stops for a big food intake and/or sleep it won't be picked up until the next control arrival.

My rider number is D4, if you are interested in tracking my progress, and hopefully completion you can use this link: http://www.londonedinburghlondon.com/lastseen/?rider_no=D4

I won't be attempting to break the fastest previous time of about 65hrs, but I would like to get a sub 80hr ride, which should allow plenty of breaks and decent sleep stops.

cheers!

Edited by Yanto - 20 July 2013 at 7:48pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 7:55pm
Best of luck Ian (and all the others doing tis of course!)
You're all totally bonkers!! :o)

fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 9:53pm
Have a great one!
And don't forget pictures of the thousand yard stare! That should be early Tuesday 😃
sam knight View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 7:56pm
Hope it all goes well....have shared your tracking details via facebook...maybe in 4 years time I'll be ready.
To be happy and not get killed.
slasher View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 9:45pm
My number is D6. It all kicks off Sunday 6:30. 
I hope to keep up with Ian.
Brought to you by the makers of Beano.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 11:38pm
Thumbs Up

GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 8:55am
Best of luck to all of you. At least you're doing it on sensible cycles!
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 10:01am
my number is D5,6:30 out
I dont expect to keep up with Ian.... or Slash.I've decided to go two wheels rather than four.
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 7:21pm
well i'll be trying to keep up with Slash!  Looks like there's a race on Wink !!!!
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 8:00am
think it's gonna be a story of the hare the tortoise and the slug......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic